The Include Summit, “The UK's number one equality, diversity and inclusion (ED&I) summit for sport,” returns for its second year on 3rd and 4th May 2023 bringing together some of the biggest names in EDI working in sport.
Hosted by the Manchester Central Convention Complex, the summit’s mission is to get 1 million underrepresented young people taking part in sport, with emphasis on finding a new direction for sport to be more representative and nurture young talent no matter where it comes from.
What is the Include Summit?
Co-Founded by Gurmej Pawar, CEO of Meji Media Group and Includability Ambassador Jamie Hooper, the Include Summit brings together so many different voices from the sports industry focussed on finding solutions to tackle some of the biggest issues facing organised sport today.
Taking place over two days with in-person talks and workshops, The Include Summit will feature some of the biggest sporting names, journalists, decision makers and EDI advocates for the sport sector, and several of our Includability Ambassadors and Official Partners.
Jamie, Founder of Inclusive Cultures, said, “We’re so excited to be bringing you another incredible event in 2023. The main idea behind this [Include Summit] is to tackle the diversity of the workforce of the sport sector. We know that all of the issues we are going to be talking about across the two days in some way comes back to the fact that there is a lack of representation in the sector’s workforce.”
Who is speaking at Include Summit?
The summit will feature some high-profile speakers with experience in making decisions for the biggest sport settings, and the ability to help the next generation of sporting stars face fewer adversities than previous generations.
The 2023 Include Summit will feature:
- Stewart Andrew MP - Minister for Sport, Tourism, Civil Society, and Minister for Equalities
- Maggie Alphonsi MBE - Rugby World Cup winner and sports broadcaster
- Anita Asante - Bristol City WFC Coach & former Lioness and Olympian
- Sue Anstiss MBE - CEO - Fearless Women
- Geoff Thompson MBE - Founder, Youth Charter & Deputy Chair, Birmingham 2022
- Doaa Shayea - GB Para Powerlifter
- Rowena Samarasinhe - CIMSPA Trustee, Partner at LEVEL, MD at GEN Sport
- Nigel Walker OBE - Interim CEO – WRU
The two-day event will also feature talks and workshops from Includability members including:
- Includability Committed Employer representative, Rishi Jain - Senior Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Manager, Liverpool FC
- Includability Ambassador, Chris Allan - Director of Your D+I
- Verification Partner for diversity and inclusion in sport, Catherine Edmunds - EDI Sector Lead
What is the Agenda at Include Summit?
The Include Summit will discuss many prominent issues that sport faces today including what’s next for inclusion in cricket, women in sport, using sport to enhance communities, understanding masculine culture, neurodiversity inclusion in sport, climate change, leadership and much more.
For tickets – click here
For more on Include Summit’s long-term aims – see our previous blog