Partner Experts are Members & Ambassadors that have proved to supply the highest levels of training and support. They have also shown their commitment to excellence through their support of Includability Members & the community.
Mermaids is a UK-wide charity working to support transgender, non-binary and gender-diverse children, young people, their families and the professionals who support them. Our goal is to create a world where gender-diverse children and young people can be themselves and thrive.
We offer a range of direct services include a helpline, web chat and online forums for parents and young people, as well as face to face meet-ups for peer support. We also offer training and events into organisations and advocate for a fairer society for trans young people.
What We Do
We support transgender, non-binary and gender diverse children and young people. We also support their families and caregivers, and the professionals involved in their care.
Mermaids' work includes:
- A helpline, web chat and email support available 9am-9pm Monday-Friday
- Secure online forums for children and parents
- Local group meet ups across the country
- Residential weekends for the whole family
- Supporting organisations with training and awareness raising events
- Legal and policy work to ensure strong equality and human rights law for transgender and gender diverse young people
- Working with sports clubs, national governing bodies and local clubs to help support and bridge the gaps for trans young people wishing to be involved in sport
- Research with the aim to improve the lives of young people and their families
- Consultancy for improving trans inclusion in the workplace
Mermaids is here to support organisations with their equity, diversity and inclusion work. If you would like to discuss events, training or consultancy please contact Matt Moore, Corporate Fundraising Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our goal is to help your organisation grow through using the knowledge of our community to guide you on your journey to creating a more inclusive workforce. You will get access to exclusive resources and experts who can can help you build for the future and guide you now.
The key to learning and education is communicating with the right experts to help guide you. Our membership offer free access to webinars and community get togethers where you can talk to a variety of members who are passionate about their fields and can offer you advice.
To create an inclusive workforce takes a wide variety of expertise and knowledge which is why we encourage our members to work together. Our regular community networking sessions will provide you access to our directory of Ambassadors, members and advisors so you know that the people you are working with will not only give you the right advice but also share the same values as you.
Relationships are more than just about completing a job or task which is why we use the word community. What we love most about Includability is that every person and business has the same values and is working towards the same goal, to create a society that is free from discrimination, that cares for our planet and has genuine focus on our colleagues, friends and employees Mental Health and Wellbeing.
We have an employer and Job seeker newsletter giving you all the latest information in one easy and digestible email. Sign up today for news and job advice straight to your inbox.